Sunday, January 1, 2012

THE GASPORT BLOG IN 2011

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great 2011 and that your 2012 is even better.

2011 was a good year for the Gasport website. It had 43,068 visitors, a 25% increase over 2010 and the second year in a row of 25% growth in traffic.

New Yorkers accounted for 32,200 of the visits. The Gasport expats who most frequented the site hailed from Massachusetts, Texas and California in that order.

The most viewed stories were those addressing the passing of Roy-Hart student Allie O'Grady, the Royalton Fourth of July, and the reason behind the purple boxes in ash trees.

The most visitors on one day were 502 on December 11th.

A big "thank you" to everyone who frequents this site. You keep me going and push me to always improve coverage. The ongoing growth in visits proves to me that my efforts in reporting the news and events in Gasport (the good, the bad and the sad) are valuable to local residents and former residents alike.

Gasport is a great place -- my hometown forever -- and I enjoy spreading the word about it.