Thursday, March 19, 2009

ROY-HART TO CUT JV FOOTBALL

I received this message from a concerned parent...

I was told today by someone that works at the school, that the BOE is planning to cut JV and varsity football. I was also told that the board is trying to "sneak it through" at this months meeting. True football costs the most, but per student it is baketball that costs the most. I think it is terrible that they are trying to passs this through with out community input. As a parent of kids that play sports, I would be willing to pay a sports fee or run a boosters club if given the option. The problem with the board is they don' t gives us any say or choices. Don't they work for us? Didn't WE elect THEM? I writing to you in hopes that you will post this information on your web site. Residents of ROY HART need to know how underhanded the board is.