Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CONSERVATION & GREEN SPACE IN ROYALTON

I was recently selected to participate in the conservation & green space committee of the Town of Royalton's planning board. It's my duty to share concerns about our wild spaces, and help the board find that balance between environmentalism, property rights, and economic development when it comes to achieving the community's goals in the initiation of its comprehensive plan and the development of its zoning ordinance.

I'm pretty versed in my understanding of Royalton's green space and flora & fauna, but even so, I need your help for two reasons. One, I don't know everything (although sometimes in my newspaper columns I act like I do). And, two, endeavors like this work best with community input.

Consider me your conduit for environmental concerns for our town. Let me know about certain green space and conservation issues and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the committee.

Your best bet is to contact me via email. My address is: bobconfer@juno.com