Sunday, March 7, 2010

THE MARCH INTERVIEW: AARON PAZIK

A goal of this website is to have monthly interviews with community leaders, businesspeople, and newsmakers from Gasport to gain insight into their role in our community. This month's interviewee is Doctor Aaron Pazik, proprietor of Gasport Chiropractic and an active volunteer with the Gasport Lion's Club.


In 2005 Gasport Chiropractic and Wellness opened its doors in the hamlet of Gasport, becoming the first business to offer such care in the Gasport community. The offices of Dr. Pazik can be found on Main Street at the site of what once was the Depot Restaurant, just between the railroad and the the Canalside Inn.

Surprisingly, to this day people still say, "I didn't know there was a chiropractor in Gasport!" I am hopeful that this chat with Aaron helps to correct that.


Here's what Aaron had to say about Gasport and his business...


What brought you to Gasport?

I was born in Lockport, raised in Newfane, and knew I wanted to come home after finishing Grad school in Davenport, Iowa. I love my hometown and Gasport gives me everything I want in a close knit community. I also fell in love with the building I bought on Main Street and decided it would make a great addition to the neighborhood. The people of Gasport, and the surrounding area deserve to have healthcare close to home.


How has it been, running a business in Gasport?

I really enjoy the area, I have found that some people still do not know I have an office here, right on Main Street, even though I've been here since 2005-2006. Most people in the community are great and very supportive too. I hope that I can be as helpful and supportive to the community as it has been to me.


What is chiropractic care?

Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical/neurological disorders of the body, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system. The main treatment involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling. Traditional chiropractic assumes that a vertebral subluxation or spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body's function and its innate intelligence, a notion that brings ridicule from mainstream science and medicine.


How is the art/science of chiropractic care done on the average patient?

This is done various ways by different Chiropractors. In my office I use very gentle techniques in order to get maximum treatment with minimum discomfort. Alone with the adjustments, some patients will receive various therapies to help the muscles surrounding the joints and bones being adjusted, some patients will also have exercises to do prior to being adjusted. These added things are for the patients benefit and help him/her to stay aligned longer than adjusting alone.


What are the benefits of chiropractic care to overall health?

Chiropractic care has many benefits, here are a few that my patients have told me about: Less ear infections (usually in children), better digestion, better immunity (not sick as often), more energy, increased range of motion, less pain and discomfort, and an overall of less stress.


How can people learn more about Gasport Chiropractic?

To learn more about Gasport Chiropractic & Wellness, PC people can check out our website: http://www.gasportchiropractic.com/ or stop in the office to say hi and ask your questions, we can also be reached by phone at (716) 772-2200. Dr. Pazik or Kathy would be more than happy to help make your day better.