Friday, September 12, 2008

NO MORE FORWARDS

Earlier today I posted an e-mail forwarded to me about a local resident's concerns over the size of Roy-Hart's fifth grade classes. It was forwarded to me by a reader who was well-intentioned in her ways because the original e-mail said " I ask that you forward this to all fifth grade parents you know in our district." The forwarder thought she was doing her part to get the word out. You can't blame her: It's an issue of concern to many people.

Well, the original sender (who was left anonymous in the initial post) commented with the following: "The original message sent to the Life and Times in Gasport NY was not to appear on this website or I would have sent it myself."

So be it. The post has been removed.

And now the policy shall be: No forwarded e-mails (as well-intentioned as they may be) will be accepted as newsworthy items. Original senders only.